4-1/2 x 7/8 – 40 Grit 769F Zirconia Flap Disc
- Delivers long-lasting high performance and versatility at a value price
- Contains 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, which cuts faster and lasts longer than conventional abrasive grain
- Proven to outperform traditional alumina zirconia flap discs
- Individual flaps break down, exposing fresh mineral to deliver consistent cut rate for the life of the disc
- Ideal for use on carbon steel, stainless steel and other heat-sensitive alloys
- Covers a wide range of applications from weld grinding and beveling to surface prep
3M? Flap Disc 769F is a high-performance abrasive disc built for versatility and value. Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, it lasts longer and cuts faster than conventional aluminum oxide and alumina zirconia flap discs ? and it?s priced for affordability and everyday use. This unbeatable combination of performance and value can increase productivity while also lowering your abrasive spend.
Value-priced Performance with Built-in Versatility
3M? Flap Disc 769F is a long-lasting, versatile abrasive disc that includes all the advantages you expect from a flap disc, including conformability and ease of use with a lower risk of gouging. Featuring 3M Precision-Shaped Grain and a durable polyester backing, 3M? Flap Disc 769F lasts long and holds up strong to high-pressure applications like beveling, weld grinding and edge deburring. Plus, it leaves a finish that makes it a great choice for applications like blending and surface prep.
Powered by 3M Precision-Shaped Grain
The 3M? Flap Disc 769F features a blend of 3M Precision-Shaped Grain ? our proprietary grain design that continually fractures into sharp points that slice cleanly through metal, unlike traditional abrasives which tend to plow through the substrate. This fracturing helps our 3M? Flap Disc 769F last long and maintain a high cut-rate over the life of the disc.
- Weld grinding
- Edge deburring
- Surface preparation
- Scale removal
- Weld spatter removal
In many cases, 3M? Flap Disc 769F will allow you to grind and finish in one step, without changing abrasives. This is because, under normal conditions, 769F will generate a finish that is one grade finer than a fiber disc of the same grade. While a fiber disc will cut faster, this flap disc can eliminate steps and disc change-outs to help save you time